Most tools in
Scorpion have the option to copy or paste the Region Of Interest (ROI)
to or from the
clipboard. The clipboard is visualised in the image. More on
image operations. Several formats are accepted on the clipboard for paste
operations. To the right the Search area of Blob1 is shown with the paste
and copy ROI buttons to the right.
cx,cy,dx,dy - Four numbers separated by commas: these numbers are
transferred directly to the Center-X, Center-Y, dX and dY controls. The
image shows a rectangular ROI copied to an image
only decimal points "." are accepted, not commas
",". Applicable for regular rectangle ROI's only
- cx,cy - two numbers separated by comma, set center of ROI
- polygons - Points stored as a Scorpion polygon.
This is the format generated by e.g. clicking in the main Scorpion
- Single point: If the polygon contains one point only this is used as the
ROI center, where applicable.
- Two points: Some line detection tools' ROI may also be set by two points,
giving center position, length and direction. In addition, a circle may be
defined by two points - center position and radius.
- Four points: The smallest rectangle containing all the points is found and set
as the ROI, or, if the tool accepts an angle, a "best fit"
angled rectangle is found.
- Free-form polygons: Polygon-ROI tools (e.g.,
PolygonMatch, Blob3) keep their ROI as a set of polygons of any
For the Copy operation, the polygon format is used. The number of
points varies due to kind of tool.
These operations are also available using